Monday, May 4, 2009

"What is your previous working experience?"


One of the most favorite question asked by the interviewers during job interview is "What is your previous working experience?" Then it is an advantages for the one who have either various experiences or a long term experience. So I am in the first group: various experience (should be, I think).. Let me share the story of my working life.. I try to plotted the story by parts, so that I could enjoy my meals, when I want to do so... And could enjoy my sleeping time, when I'm tired of typing in this blog.. Back to my jobs, this is the list of my previous jobs corresponding to the time scale and the working period for each jobs:

1) Sales Assistant at Parkson Grand (5months)
2) Cashier at cinema (3months)
3) Sales Assistant at Watson (a day)
4) Sales Assistant at 7-eleven (3 days)
5) Technician at factory (a year)
6) Dish Washer at factory (a month)

So let started with Part 1: Sales Assistant at Parkson Grand

Right after the SPM, around December 2002, I am very excited to get my first experience of working.. I went to my first ever interview at the human department of Parkson Grand Prangin Mall, Penang. Practically, the interview is very simple with only a few question. I get the job: Sales Assistant. The management assigned me into Electrical Appliances Department.. Working 5days a week, 9.30am to 10pm..I still remember my supervisor, Mr Raja, who is physically a small person.. Most of the workers are teenagers who wait for either SPM or STPM result. The salesgirls are pretty with well dressing, especially at the cosmetic and ladies department..hehe..At the parkson, I learned how to install and operate various electrical appliances. It sound easy, but actually not so easy when I had to face thousand kind of customers.. Some of the customers really make me sick, asking irrelevant question, so I named them not-so-smart customer. Every appliances sold, I stick a bar code that represent my name..So what are the bar codes meant? The bar code will add my salary incentives.. But it totally not add much to my basic salary.. Basic salary: RM600, but after subtract EPF, it remain RM550. Basically, you can't spend much with that amount of salary. Working 20 days per month, I spend at least RM8 per day for meals and RM2 for bus fare to workplace (RM10x20days=RM200). The advantages of the job? It teach me a lot on how to be a good spender(someone who spend money..hehe) and how to communicate with a not-so-smart customer..I resigned the job because I decided to take STPM.. All around, I still enjoy my first 5-months job..
Part2: Cashier at cinema (3month) will coming soon.. (Just watched Thailand movie title: "Coming Soon"....what the &%$#$%^ ending)

No comments: